Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib embraced martyrdom in Delhi on November 11, 1675. His head was brought to Chakk Nanaki by Bhai Jaita and his associates. The cremation of the head of Guru Sahib was held here on November 17,1675. When Guru Gobind Singh Sahib left Anandpur Sahib, on the night of December 5 and 6,1705, he visited this place and appointed Bhai Gurbakhsh Das Udasi as caretaker of this shrine and began his final journey. It is believed that the central pedestal of their shrine is the oldest structure of Chakk Nanaki-Anandpur Sahib.
Gurudwara Sisganj Sahib within the town is sacred to Guru Tegh Bahadur whose head was cremated here in November 1675. A memorial shrine in the form of a platform whithin a small room was got constructed over the ashes by Guru Gobind Singh himself. At the time of the evacuation of Anandpur in December 1705, Guru Gobind Singh es-pecially entrusted it to the care ofGurbakhsh Udasi. The renovation and enlargement of the monument were carried out under the supervision ofBaba Seva Singh ofAnandgarh during the early 1970's. The original pave-ment in the front compound with old Nanakshahi bricks arranged in geometrical patterns is still intact. The two-storey build-ing with a pinnacled dome provides a 4.5-metre wide covered circumambulatory pas-sage supported on exquisitively designed marble columns around the inner sanctum where the Guru Granth Sahib is seated.